**********This workshop is being developed - please let us know if you're interested**********
Join the MinorOak WordPress Workshop and Get. It. Done.
You want a website for your small business. You can manage computer basics, but you need some help getting past the sticking points – and finding the time and motivation to get the job finished. This 4-session course with experts on tap will take you through the basics so you end up with a completed, functioning site you can update yourself and expand in future.
- Four Sundays, 8:30 am to 12:30 am.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Easy to get to by bus or tram. Street Parking: £2 for four hours
- £50 booking deposit; £350 total per person due before the first session; Tax invoice provided.
- Workbook Included: WordPress for Beginners – Everything you need to build your first website using WordPress
- Register on Eventbrite
If you own or work for a small business that needs a new website, then building your own WordPress site is a great solution:
- WordPress powers 25% of the web
- WordPress is free and easy to install
- WordPress is powerful, flexible and relatively easy to use
Build Your Own Website
We will help you set up your website so that it is:
- Hosted by you through a Webhost/Internet Service Provider on your own patch of the web (we can help you get registered; expect a cost of around £40 for 12 months)
- Under your own unique domain name
- Mobile friendly
- Easy for you to revise
- Free of warnings to visitors
- Customer & SEO-friendly
Don’t Just Start. Finish.
Don’t procrastinate any longer. Join our Wordpress site-building workshop. At the end of the month, you will have:
- a completed, functioning website
- a plan for expanding it in the future
- the tools and knowledge you need to make changes, additions, and updates
Learn What You Need to Know
This workshop is suitable for anyone who knows how to use a computer and the web. You DO NOT need to be technically orientated.
- No mysterious techno-jargon
- No questions are stupid
- There will never be more than four students per teacher
- There are only 12 spots available
- You will need a laptop or tablet.
The MinorOak WordPress Workshops are taking place over four Sunday morning sessions, with each session covering a different subject:
8 April 2018 8.30am to 12.30pm
You and Your Web Host
Create your site, set the scope, outline the content and explore themes
15 April 2018, 8.30am to 12.30pm
Structuring Your WordPress Site
Create pages, install plug-ins and widgets, connect to social media accounts
22 April 2018, 8.30am to 12.30pm
Working with Content
Populate the site with information and images.
29 April 2018, 8.30am to 12.30pm
Review and Revise Functionality and Content
Test each other’s sites, trade feedback, troubleshoot, revise.
Leonie has developed websites and web applications for over sixteen years and now runs her own web design agency, Line & Form. She also has three years’ experience teaching website design at the university level and holds a master’s degree in writing.
Leonie’s experience stretches the full cycle of website development through specification, design, development and ongoing maintenance. For new and existing sites, she has planned and worked on usability studies to identify where sites fall down and successfully support both visitors and website owners. As a developer and trainer, Leonie uses emerging technologies to support the objectives of a business or organisation.
Leonie’s WordPress Site Portfolio: https://lineandform.co.uk/portfolio/
Leonie’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leoniewinson/
Tim Gray is a writer, editor and web designer with a particular interest in helping people to reflect their message and personal brand through the combination of words, visual design and user experience. Tim has over twenty years’ experience in website design and writing copy, and has worked with solo businesses, voluntary organisations and cross-sectoral partnerships. His book, ‘The Radio-Controlled Message Bottle: writing to communicate‘, is on Amazon.
Tim’s website is WordsThatChangeTheWorld.com.
Dee is a small business owner who designs her own WordPress sites. She has ten years’ experience with organisational and technical graphics and spent three years writing and editing site content and articles as the owner of WordJet.net and QuillandCompass.co.uk. She holds a Certificate of Excellence in Adult Education from Seneca College, Ontario and taught in Seneca’s Faculty of Continuing Education for three years.
Dee’s WordPress Site Portfolio:
Dee’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/deidremiller/
If you would like any further information on this programme, please contact email@example.com.