For the past few months, Minor Oak’s website has featured a survey for potential Nottingham Coworkers. There have been 22 responses so far. You can still take the survey. It’s at:
Preliminary survey results:
- The first question asked respondents to rank coworking facilities and benefits by importance. Out of a list of 33, the top four were:
- Quiet areas – 1.9
- Hot desks (shared desks used on an as-needed basis) – 1.94
- A meeting room – 2.14
- A kitchenette – 2.14
- Near the bottom of the list were exercise equipment, fun stuff (like a pingpong table or video game system) and a shower.
- 86% of respondents planned to spend 1-3 days a week at the space, with 50% preferring one day/week.
- When asked what they were looking for in a coworking space, they responded:
- A place to work where I’ll have co-workers and a sense of community: 64%
- A place where I’ll be able to network and make connections that could lead somewhere, business-wise: 59%
- A place where I can get advice and support from people who are also working independently: 50%
- A quiet place to work away from the distractions of home: 45%
- A place to have business meetings: 36%
- An address for my business other than my home: 32%
- A desk that belongs to me: 14%
- Most respondents identified as “An entrepreneur – someone who is growing a business” (60%) or as a “freelancer or independent professional – someone who does work for clients” (55%).
- Most respondents expressed a preference for a city centre locations.