MinorOak’s original business plan described a rotating display of art, with an art opening for each new display. It didn’t happen in 2017, but it’s going to start soon. We’re presently looking for artists and photographers who are interested in displaying their work in MinorOak’s front room.
Because MinorOak is a coworking space, not a coffee shop or pub, there aren’t quite as many unique visitors, but it can still be an effective place to display your work. Footfall is increased by:
- Pop-up restaurants
- Workshops and meetings
- Pop-up makers markets
- Charity events
- Daypass holders
Here’s how it will work:
- When new art is hung, we will have an opening.
- Your art will have prices, and we’ll hang a sign with a photo and bio if you’d like.
- We’ll ask for a commission on anything you sell.
- You will have access to the space on evenings and weekends and can take potential buyers to see your work by appointment.
- You may also have an opportunity to open the space for all-day retail sales.
We’re still working out the details, but if you’re interested, please fill out the form at the edge of your screen. Don’t assume we’re only interested in bland, boring art – but if it’s pornographic or blood-and-guts, then we’ll probably pass.