MinorOak celebrates its history as a 1930s market building with occasional Saturday pop-ups, coordinating with Sneinton Market Square and Avenues Independant Markets. MinorOak’s markets always concentrate on local makers, vintage, upcycling, and direct trade. MinorOak has hosted dozens of pop-up markets, including Christmas markets, Ethical Markets, LARP (Live Action Role Play) markets, Pagan Markets, and privately managed market events.
Keep scrolling down for a list of what to send if you want to take part; it’s at the bottom of the page. But first, the upcoming markets…
2021 markets in cooperation with Avenues Independant Markets
Please subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed.
These are the days when another group of tenants will be organising Avenues-wide markets and MinorOak will be hosting a small section inside and next to our unit. Some of these are on vegan market days (main square) and some are not. Pitches for the spring and summer markets are £30, usually billed 2-4 weeks in advance.
- Saturday 24th April (a success!)
- Saturday 24th April (cancelled due to weather)
- Saturday 22nd May (a success!)
- Saturday 5th June, Green Hustle (a success!)
- Saturday 19th June (also, Vegan Market on the big square) – 1 INDOOR PITCH AVAILABLE (window)
- Saturday 3rd July (also, Vegan Market on the big square) – 1 INDOOR PITCH AVAILABLE (window)
- Saturday 17th July (also, Vegan Market on the big square) – 1 INDOOR PITCH AVAILABLE (window)
- Sunday 18th July – INDOOR PITCHES (window and gallery wall) AND 1 OUTDOOR PITCH STILL AVAILABLE
- Saturday 31st July – INDOOR (window and gallery wall) AND OUTDOOR PITCH STILL AVAILABLE
- Saturday 14th August – FULL
- Saturday 28th August – INDOOR (window and gallery wall) PITCHES AND 1 OUTDOOR PITCH STILL AVAILABLE
- Saturday 11th September – FULL
- Saturday 25th September – FULL
- Saturday 30th October Pagan Market – THIS IS AN AVENUES-WIDE EVENT – PLEASE GET IN TOUCH
- Saturday 27th November – 1 OUTDOOR PITCH STILL AVAILABLE
- Sunday 28th November – 1 OUTDOOR PITCH STILL AVAILABLE
- Saturday 4th December (also, Vegan Market on the big square) – FULL
- Saturday 11th December – OUTDOOR PITCHES STILL AVAILABLE
- Saturday 18th December (also, Vegan Market on the big square)- OUTDOOR PITCHES STILL AVAILABLE
Please use the contact form or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in trading at one of the markets listed above.
Dee will need your:
- Business name
- Phone number
- link to at least one website or social media account with photos of your recent work, if possible.
- Your instagram @, if you have one.
- A short description (1-2 sentences) of what you do
- 2-5 photos of your work that can be used in the publicity
- Your traders’ insurance (if you don’t have any, please say so – we may have a work-around)
- The market or markets you are interested in
- Your pitch preference (indoor or outdoor) and whether or not it’s a deal-breaker
What can you expect as a trader at MinorOak?
- Free coffee, tea and snacks
- Clean toilets, including one that is wheelchair accessible
- An indoor market space that has
- infrared heaters
- wheelchair accessibility
- a Stas hanging system (please mention it if you have work you’d like to hang behind your table)
- a market banner for over the door
- Lockable rooms where you can keep extra items, handbags, etc.
- A helpful and attentive organiser
Our Socially Distanced Layout
Gallery Wall Elevation
(pitch 1 on left of conduit, 2 on right)
Outdoor Pitch Elevation and Table Sizes
(pitch 4.5 gets tables similar to an indoor pitch)