MinorOak can host meetings, workshops and events for both members and non-members. Scroll down to learn more about our three options:
- the Meeting Room,
- the Front Room
- the Ground Floor, which includes both the front room and the meeting room.
Note: The mezzanine is available as a quiet work area for key-holding coworking members to use 24/7. Key holders can enter and exit through the side door across from the stairs, so they will not interfere with events happening in the front room and/or meeting room.
- meeting space for up to 8
- Private workspace for up to 4 (5 at a stretch)
- Area: approximately 125 square feet or 12 square meters
- £15/hour for non-members. Free for members.
- Help yourself to coffee, tea, and snacks
The meeting room is available for small meetings and presentations. It has been designed to inspire creative problem solving, and visualisation tools – including a presentation monitor, whiteboard, flip chart easel, and pin-up wall – are provided. The meeting room is a perfect place to make plans or work through challenges. It’s also ideal for job interviews. The meeting room is available from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays and by appointment.
The Front Room
Available on weekends only
- meeting space for up to
- Classroom or workshop space for up to 24 (up to 12 for art and makers’ workshops).
- presentation or reception space for up to 40
- 500 square feet / 45 square meters
- £25.00 per hour + £25 setup/cleanup fee for most events
Our front room is a beautiful space with a window wall, skylights, and a double-height ceiling. It is available on weekend mornings and afternoons, and we can sometimes accommodate weekday evening events. Visualisation tools, including a presentation monitor and projector, are provided. Scroll down for an inventory.
- The cleaning and set-up fee can be waived for repeat clients who are able to do their own cleaning and set-up within half an hour of their booking slot. This will usually require at least two people.
- Weekend evenings are billed as full ground floor use only (see below).
The Ground Floor
Available on weekends only
- Full use of the meeting room and front room
- Full use of the kitchenette and drinks fridge
- The member locker room, which has a combination lock, can be made available as secure storage for staff, presenters, etc.
- £35 per hour + £35 setup/cleanup fee for most events
The ground floor, including the meeting room, flexible use space, and kitchenette, is perfect for launch parties for products, books, albums, films, etc. It can also be used for social and business events. The meeting room can be used as a staging area or for serving food and drink, and the kitchenette supports basic catering.
- Bring your food and drink or see below for our catering options.
- You can provide your own alcohol for your private event: reduce your overheads!
- The cleaning and set-up fee can be waived for repeat clients who are able to do their own cleaning and set-up within half an hour of their booking slot.
- Cost reductions for evening events can be negotiated if we are able to sell drinks.
MinorOak has two catering packages:
- Coffee, tea, pitchers of lemon water and snacks (sesame snaps and biscuits): £2 per person – as shown
- Cheese, crackers, chutney and fruit (you can provide wine): £5 per person
Guests are welcome to cater their own events. Minor Oak can provide:
- a small oven
- a dishwasher
- fridge and freezer space
- a medium-sized drinks fridge
- cups, cutlery, and some dishes (see the kitchen inventory below)
Furniture Inventory (Flexible Use Space)
- (12) 4’-0 x 2’-6” (122cm x 76cm) tables
- (1) 2’-6” x 2’-6” (76cm x 76cm) table
- (4) 6′-0″ x 2′-6″ (183cm x 76cm) tables
- 20 black stacking chairs
- 14 black folding chairs
- 4 lunch chairs
- 10 office chairs (please, no messy events)
- Presentation monitor
- Five 28 inch monitors
- A3 inkjet printer
- A4 laser printer / scanner / copier
- flip chart / whiteboard easel
- Printers and office supplies
- Small oven
- Small microwave
- Full sized fridge-freezer
- Medium sized drinks fridge (wine, beer, etc.)
- 2x 10 litre hot water urn (approx. 50 cups each)
- 30 matching coffee/tea cups
- 32 large glasses
- 18 medium-sized glasses
- 24 small glasses
- 12 large martini glasses
- 18 small martini glasses
- 24 wine glasses
- 1 small pitcher (for cream/milk)
- 6 large pitchers (for water or juice)
- 42 large plates
- 42 small plates
- 42 bowls
- 12 tealight holders / sauce cups
- 12 small square dipping bowls
- 12 small bamboo cutting boards
- 12 small glass vases
- 54 sets of cutlery (36 + 18)
- 4 trays
- 4 oven pans
- 6 large plastic cutting boards
- 4 sharp knives
- bottle opener
- can opener
- Filter coffee maker (12-cup)