Interested and ready to commit to attending on a convenient day? Help us schedule the next workshop: take this Doodle Poll to let us know when you’re available.
If you need professional-looking social media posts, headers, ads, and site illustrations but can’t afford to hire a graphic designer (yet!), then Canva can help you bridge the gap.
Canva is a free online page layout tool that includes a variety of templates, elements, fonts, layouts, and backgrounds. Using Canva, you can create good-looking graphic designs with a minimum of effort – if you know how to use it!
Sign up for this workshop if you need to:
• Create graphics for your blog posts or website
• Create event headers for Facebook, Eventbrite, etc.
• Design a series of matching graphics for a variety of social media platforms
Bring your project to the workshop and GET IT DONE on the day.
This Workshop Includes:
• A 2-hour workshop limited to six participants
• A half-day pass for MinorOak Coworking (£8 value)
• Coffee, tea and snacks
You can use the half-day pass on the day to work on your project with the other participants and instructor on hand for help and feedback – or save it and use it any time in the following month.
11am to 1pm: A two-hour workshop limited to six participants
1pm to 2pm: Lunch hour: bring food or eat locally
2pm to 6pm: Use your half-day pass and stay to finish your first project. (optional)
- Understanding post sizes and resolutions for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and more.
- Creating event headers and ads that fit perfectly and won’t need to be cropped
- Finding legal photos and graphics online and using them in Canva
- Adapting Canva templates to your branding and your needs
- Transferring a design from one Canva template to another in the free version (it can be done!)
- Downloading and using Canva graphics
About the instructor
Dee is a small business owner who designs her own social media graphics and posters using Canva. The header above contains some of her designs, but if they’re not your style, don’t worry! Canva is flexible.
Dee also holds a Certificate of Excellence in Adult Education from Seneca College, Ontario.
Praise for the New Business Intelligence Canva Workshop
“The workshop was fabulous. The facilities are great, your presentation covered all the Canva bases and I came away with access to other really useful resources. The opportunity to put it all into practice in a shared work environment was icing on the cake.” – Pat Fletcher
“Thanks so much for the workshop. It was really informative and has got me started on Canva when before I was a bit scared of it! I can see that I will make good use of Canva as a result of attending the workshop. You shared many hints and tips and you are obviously very knowledgeable on the subject. I also enjoyed working in the coworking space afterwards and being able to ask questions and share what I had created with the other participants.” – Gemma Greenhalgh